Can’t get enough of chocolate? From brownies to ice cream, cookies, and even candy bars, there are plenty of ways to get your chocolate fix, but nothing compares to this warm and gooey molten lava cake recipe you can whip up at home! If you’re thinking there’s no way you can mimic your favorite restaurant dessert, think again. Check it out!
Here’s What You Will Need
- 1 stick unsalted butter (equivalent to 4 ounces)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (we suggest Valrhona)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Chocolate Dreams Come True Step by Step
- Before you get started with the ingredients, preheat your oven to 450.
- Then, butter and flour four 6-ounce ramekins. Be sure to tap out the excess flour, as you should only lightly flour them. Now, set them on a baking sheet.
- Using a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate together over simmering water.
- Grab a medium bowl. Beat together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and salt, with a hand mixer on high speed. It is ready once it is thick in texture and pales in color.
- Now, whisk the chocolate together. Once smooth, fold in flour and egg mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the ramekins.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the center of the cake is soft and the sides are firm.
- Once you remove the tasty treat from the oven, let it sit for 1 minute. To remove, cover with your plate of choice, and turn over each one very carefully.
- Let the cakes sit for 10 seconds, then unmold. Serve with vanilla ice cream and berries of your choice! Our favorite is strawberry.
You might also like: See Migrating Birds At Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge
Get a Spoonful of Cavender CJDR
Isn’t that delicious? Your family will be begging you to make this dessert once a week.
Are you craving a sweet ride? Head over to Cavender CDJR in Columbus, TX to secure your new ride. We have an excellent inventory of new and pre-owned vehicles. Contact us today to set up a test drive!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.