It didn’t take long for people to fall in love with the Instant Pot once it became available. After all, it sautés, warms, slow cooks, and even pressure cooks all kinds of food. Especially if you don’t have time to prepare a delicious and healthy dinner, it’s ideal. For instance, you can make this homemade Instant Pot vegetable soup.
To make yummy vegetable soup in your Instant Pot, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 medium-sized onion (diced)
- 3 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 stalks of celery (diced)
- 1 ½ cups fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 medium-sized potatoes (unpeeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup each of fresh corn
- 1 cup of fresh spinach (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups of fresh green beans
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
As you can see, this Instant Pot vegetable soup contains a lot of ingredients. However, it’s well worth making. Not only that, but along with serving this soup to your family immediately after making it, you can also freeze it to serve later. As a result, you’ll have another meal ready to go.
To make this incredible soup, follow these easy directions:
- Set the Instant Pot on sauté. Then, add the onion, cooking and stirring it until it becomes tender.
- Turn the Instant Pot off. Now, add the garlic, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Using the residual heat, cook for one minute while stirring.
- Then, pour the chicken broth or stock into the Instant Pot. In addition, stir around the sides and bottom to loosen any stuck ingredients.
- For the next step, add the carrots, celery, corn, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and bay leaf. With the lid on the Instant Pot, set it to pressure cook. Once it reaches the pressure point, you’ll cook these for two minutes.
- When done, open the valve to release the pressure. You might feel tempted to remove the lid once the steam stops coming out. However, you need to wait about eight minutes. That way, there’s no risk of the hot soup splashing on you.
- At this point, you’ll add the spinach. Also, taste the soup and adjust the seasonings if needed. Here’s a great tip. To balance the acidity of the tomatoes, add one teaspoon of granulated sugar. Before serving, remove the bay leaf.
You might also like: Grab Dinner At Los Cabos Mexican Grill
Storing Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
By placing the soup in an airtight container, it’ll stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to four days. However, you can also freeze it, as mentioned. For this, allow the soup to cool to room temperature. Then, put it in a freezable airtight container or freezer plastic zip bag. When frozen, it’ll last up to six months.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.